Friday 15 February 2013

My Friend Elizabeth


My friend Elizabeth never says a word
Her mum says kids should be seen, not heard
I think she's not too happy at home
And she spends a lot of her days alone
At her house so now she passes her time
Quietly playing with me at mine

So my friend Elizabeth doesn't say much
But she's always there with a calming touch
And a friendly smile and a hand on my shoulder
She'll always be there as we both get older
Because night or day I can always depend
On Elizabeth, my most reliable friend

We never, ever argue and never, ever row
She always knows what I need, somehow
Like a little hug or a shoulder to cry on
She's the friend I can always rely on
I can tell her things that I keep well hidden
She never, ever judges and nothing is forbidden

She smiles and nods and she holds my hand
As I tell her of all the dreams I've planned
For when we grow up and have kids of our own
We'll have such fun when we're fully grown
Away from names and tears and fists
And all those things that won't be missed

When we're on our own I don't have to pretend
I'll never upset her or offend
I'm grateful for the time we spend
Together our broken lives can mend
Me and Elizabeth, friends to the end
Everyone should have an invisible friend

No comments:

Post a Comment